Associate Geotechnical Engineer
Are you looking for an engineering challenge that will require you to draw on the depth of your experience on a regular basis? Does the idea of creating excellence, and helping to build an efficient and effective design team excite you? If so, then Remedy Geotechnics could be the right place for you to thrive and grow.
We are a highly focused geotechnical design practice looking to meet the challenge of increasing workload and client base. In spite of the recent Covid-19 hiatus we are still finding our workload and client base increasing and we are looking for a talented, experienced and enthusiastic Associate level geotechnical engineer to assist us in leading our development into the 2020’s.
To take a key role in effective technical and team leadership, primarily (but not exclusively) focused on the Daventry team.
The purpose of the Job: To provide expertise and experience in the field of geotechnical design and engineering.
Reporting to: Managing Director – Derek Egan
Who would work for you: A team of graduate to senior level geotechnical engineers.
Your location would be: Daventry, Northamptonshire.
You could expect a salary of around: £40,000 – £55,000 depending on your experience.
You would have the following responsibilities:
To take up this exciting opportunity you would need to be a self-motivated individual who relishes building, coordinating and deploying high performance teams to solve geotechnical engineering challenges in a fast-paced, construction focused, consulting environment. Your key responsibilities would include:-
- Providing a source of geotechnical leadership, expertise and experience to the Remedy Geotechnics team to support the winning and executing of geotechnical design and consultancy services. This could include, for example, undertaking core pile design, embedded retaining wall, slope stabilisation or soil nailing yourself or supervising the work by other team members. You would also be expected to readily tackle a wider range of situations within the geotechnical field. No two days are the same so flexibility and ingenuity are always required.
- In tackling all work exercise a high degree of risk management.
- Assist with work winning, preparation of Fee Proposals and developing strong client relationships.
- Delivering client projects to the agreed timescales and budgets.
- Facilitating the ongoing development of other team members.
Do you have the following Skills?
A strong track record of providing detailed geotechnical design work over a range of industry sectors, and types of client (for example geotechnical contractors, developers, civil engineering contractors etc). You will require a strong geotechnical analytical capability, ideally including the design of piles, retaining walls, earthworks and slope retention (with knowledge of soil nailing, ground anchoring). Expertise in constitutive ground modelling would be advantageous. Some experience in pricing and winning work should be demonstrated. A proven ability to lead and develop teams will need to be evident.
Do you have the following Qualifications?
A good civil engineering or engineering geology degree plus an MSc/PhD in geotechnical engineering. A very strong knowledge of fundamental soil mechanics principles and a demonstrable practical design ability in geotechnical engineering design. An ability to apply engineering knowledge to provide practical and pragmatic solutions.
A proven track record in executing challenging geotechnical design and consultancy services.
A passion for geotechnics.
What level of Experience is envisaged?
It will depend on your skills and nature of your experience but may suit you if you have 8 to 15 years in the industry.
Working hrs: 37.5hrs per.
Holidays: 25 days
Employee benefits: Profit share scheme, pension, flexible working arrangements, free parking.
Please send CV to email@example.com
Post and email applications are invited for this role, however strict technical and experience pre-selection criteria will be applied prior to the next stage of the selection process.